Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2009 Italo Cescon Chardonnay

Apparently I can't find a good picture of the bottle, so I'll describe it. It is a tall dark bottle with an old style looking label, and a yellow string holding a piece of grape vine in it (apparently this is called a "tralcetto"). This is an Italian whine, and obviously a white wine (being a chardonnay), and a very delicious one at that.

Angela and I went down to Wine Squared last night, as she had a rough day and I had spent 3:30 hours studying. We decided it was a white wine day, as it was warm out and we wanted to sit outside. The owner/sommelier Brook Ray suggested we try the Italo Cescon Chardonnay, and we are very thankful for this.

Angela said she tasted lemon in the wine. I don't have a palate as good as her's, but it was certainly a wine with fruity flavors. There was no oak flavors, which in my opinion is good (I hate white wine with heavy oak flavors. White wine is supposed to be light, a lot of oak overpowers everything. If I want to taste oak, I'll eat a tree). This was a refreshing wine that we both enjoyed thoroughly. I think it would've been good with any light food such as grilled vegetables, salad, maybe even cheese. In sum, this was a fantastic white wine and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good chardonnay.

This wine receives 4 grapes out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment