Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2008 Tres Picos Boraso Garnacha

Angela and I decided that we hadn't been to Wine Squared (the wine bar on the square in Denton, TX) recently, and we didn't want to go home, so we stopped in for a drink. First of all, if you live in Denton and haven't been to this place, you need to go. It's a cool, laid back place with really good wine and really good staff that know what they're doing.

We walked in and got a bottle of 2008 Tres Pico Borsao Garnacha from Campo de Borja (Garnacha is spanish for Grenache). I hadn't had a Grenache until a few months ago, and this is one of the most delicious varietals out there; I highly recommend it. It smelled smokey and delicious. I took my first gulp and immeadiately knew this wine was fantastic. It was one of the smoothest wines I've ever had. I couldn't identify any specific flavors in it, but it was a thick wine if that makes sense. It is the type of wine that you feel like you had a meal after drinking. It was delicious without any food, but Angela and I both agreed it would've been better with food. In fact, I thought it would have been fantastic with ribs, brisket or another type of bbq (it appears there is a running theme in these posts about bbq; just as a note, I like wine, but I LOVE ribs). I would recommend this wine as perfect for a relaxing night, or if I were having people over I would not hesitate to serve this wine. All in all, it was just a very good wine.

This wine receive 4.25 grapes out of 5.

There you go Paul, a red that got a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment