Sunday, May 9, 2010

Inaugural Post

Wine is possibly the most scrutinized food or beverage in the world. Experts constantly tell us what wine is the most complex, or what wine is best with what foods. However, very few common wine consumers can taste half of what the experts taste. When I taste a glass of wine I couldn't tell you if it has undertones of currant or whether it has a high level of tannins, or really anything other than whether I like it or not.

This blog is devoted to being a wine novice and discovering the best wine for a non-expert. I like to drink wine, I like to eat, and I like to drink wine while I eat. When I drink a new wine I will share with all of you what I thought of it, what it tasted good with and why I thought it tasted good. Every new wine I drink will be categorized and discussed in laymen's terms, so we don't get confused with all the ridiculousness of the wine world.

Check back soon to see a review of the first wine.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment