Sunday, May 23, 2010

2007 Oyster Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc


So, Angela and I have made the trek from Boston to Hartford to New York and we arrived in New York on Friday afternoon. After watching the Mets lose to the Yankees 2-1 on Friday night at Citi Field I needed a glass of wine. Last night, Angela and I had another New Zealand Sauv Blanc (sorry Paul, it was hot and humid; no time for reds). This was a 2007 and was purchased at Valley Stream Wine and Liquor in Valley Stream, NY for $11. Since we're in New York we had it with some real New York pizza.

Unfortunately, we did not have time to chill this wine, however, it was still very good. I would describe it as smooth with some fruity flavors. It was quite light and went well with the pizza. I detected a low level of carbonation, almost like all of the bubbles didn't disperse before being bottled. It wasn't bad, it added a touch of novelty to the wine. This wine was very similar to, although I think slightly better than, the 2008 Monkey Bay Suav Blanc that we tasted a few days ago. It was far better than the 2009 Monkey Bay Suav Blanc we also had that evening. This wine, like most on this blog, will not blow anyone away, but I would certainly have no problem serving it to guests. I think it would be great with spicy BBQ, like some brisket. . .mmmm. . .brisket.

This wine receives 3.75 grapes out of 5.

Just as a note, on Tuesday, Angela, my father and I are heading out to the North Fork of Long Island to do some tasting, so I will try to keep some good notes on what I taste and let everyone know.

1 comment:

  1. You actually made it to NY on Thursday, if you remember. And you had a gourmet meal with wine as well. I'm insulted this did not make your blog. Boo...Hiss!!

    ReplyDelete